What Types of Medical Equipment and Supplies are Covered by California's Health Care System?

This section provides information about durable medical equipment (DME) and program coverage available in California for people with disabilities. The members of the California Care Planning Council, listed on this site, have agreed to comply with a code of ethics. To receive coverage for medical equipment and supplies, a Treatment Authorization Request (TAR) must be submitted along with documentation that demonstrates the need for the service. This includes a letter of medical justification from a healthcare provider.

If you would like to contact a member of the California Care Planning Council regarding any of the elder care services listed on this page, you can complete the form provided. Medi-Cal services are provided by Medi-Cal managed care health plans (MCP) or independent providers who pay per service. If you are enrolled in a managed care plan, you can also request an independent medical review (IMR) from the California Department of Managed Health Care (DMHC). The Health Consumer Alliance has other useful publications on Medi-Cal eligibility and services on the same website.

Buddy Netterville
Buddy Netterville

Beer practitioner. Award-winning social media practitioner. Subtly charming social media scholar. Avid bacon enthusiast. Proud beer advocate. Wannabe beeraholic.

Leave a Comment

Required fields are marked *